July 16, 2010

I heart the Rumpus

I'm sure most of you are familiar with The Rumpus.  It's a culture website (not pop-culture) based in San Francisco and run by Steve Elliott, Isaac Fitzgerald, Andrew Altschul, and a bunch of amazing volunteers.  They pride themselves on being a productive way for people to waste time at work.  That's a pretty good thing to pride yourself on, as far as I'm concerned.

They also do a monthly reading series in San Francisco that's fantastic.  The next one is in August and features Antonia Crane, Steve Almond, among others.  All the info is here.  I can't recommend these events enough. I never miss one--except when I miss one.  But then I'm sad.

These guys have been incredibly supportive of me and my books.  Steve E sometimes lets me crash his radio show.  Here's a fun example featuring the filmmaker Alex Mar.  Another one with Nick Flynn

And they just reviewed my new book Termite Parade.  As they're based in the Mission and so am I, their support means a lot to me.  Thanks Rumpus for helping this local writer get the word out about his sordid little stories!