July 12, 2010

L Magazine: "Joshua Mohr has some issues"

Wow, I'm coming off an amazing week, with so many fun readings (and birthday well wishes). Thanks to everybody who came out. I really appreciate it.

I just did an interview with Brooklyn's The L Magazine, where I talk the powers of clam chowder and gin--yes, mixed together!
The L: What have you read/watched/listened to/looked at/ate recently that will permanently change our readers' lives for the better?

JM: I live in San Francisco, which is renowned for clam chowder served out of sourdough bread bowls. A buddy turned me on to this restaurant down on the waterfront where you slip the bartender a few bucks on the sly and he'll pour three shots of gin right into your bread bowl. You stir the booze in amongst the clams and potatoes. It's by far the greatest thing I've ever tasted. Just make sure to eat/drink quickly, taking fast sips from your spoon before the dairy cements.