July 31, 2010

NY Times names Termite Parade an Editors' Choice

So this pic of Lucille Ball basically captures how wonderfully, gloriously shocked I was to learn that Termite Parade made this week's NYTBR Editors' Choice list.  In some twisted post-modern way, I kind of look like Lucille Ball.  Yikes...

It feels like some kind of coup, my sordid little book ending up in the NY Times.  Their review last week was amazing.  I'm so thankful.  The person who wrote it, Rebecca Barry, had a novel-in-stories come out a couple years back called "Later, at the Bar;" I haven't had the pleasure of meeting/speaking with her, but I'd like to buy her 924 cocktails.  And as she's now my new favorite person, I've ordered several copies of her book.  And you should too.  And then tell 10 friends to pick it up.  It can be like a chain-letter for us literature dorks.

Thanks Rebecca and thanks NY Times!  I'll wear my Lucille Ball shock all day...