July 6, 2011

Decomp talks Damascus, USF, Achiote Press


Why hello there, you literary lovelies:

How are you today?  It’s a gorgeous afternoon in San Francisco.  So pretty that I might even venture out of my apartment, though I doubt it.  But it does look inviting through the window.  I wanted to mention a couple cool things that have happened over the last week.

First, my next book, Damascus,  isn’t out for a couple more months, but some early reviews have started trickling in.  This one just came out in decomP.  Thanks to the gang over there.  I appreciate their thoughtful eyes.  From the review:

Mohr is a master, too, of the small tragedies that play out in this environ, the slippery slopes that lead one to slouch in mid-morning and drink the day away. He presents poignancies so sharp the cuts they leave won’t heal...

Also, there was a great profile published about the University of San Francisco’s MFA program that profiled my career along with some other alums.  I’m teaching some classes up there, too, and having a blast with all my smart students.

Last and certainly not least, I published a new short story in Achiote Press’ inaugural fiction anthology.  A bunch of great Bay Area writers also have pieces, including K.M. Soehnlein and Leota Higgins, who is the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen in my life.  Seriously.  Why not order the anthology and see what goods we've sprinkled on the page?

Hope the summer is treating you with all kinds of yumminess,
Josh

PS: Friday the 8th is my birthday.  I'll be 35.  You should send me a note, telling me that I'm aging well.  Pretty please?